Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
INTEGRATED WEED MANAGEMENT-A STRATEGY FOR SUSTAINABLE WHEAT PRODUCTION - A REVIEW
First Online |
- Ashrafi, Z.Y., Alizade, H.M., Mashhadi, H.R. and Sadeghi, S. (2010). Study effect of tillage, herbicide and fertilizer rates on wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and weed population, in Iran. Bulgarian J. Agri. Sci., 16: 59-65.
- Badiyala, D., Verma, S.P., Singh, C.M. and Suresh, Gautam (1991). Effect of supplemental nitrogen sources and fertilizer nitrogen on weed density and growth in maize + soyabean – wheat cropping sequence. Indian J. Weed Sci., 23: 38-42.
- Balyan, R.S. and Malik, R.K. (1989). Influence of nitrogen on competition of wild canary grass (Phalaris minor Ritza) in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Pestology, 13: 5-6.
- Balyan, R.S., Malik, R.K. and Bhan, V.M. (1989). Effect of time of application of isoproturon on the control of weeds in wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Weed Sci., 20: 10-14.
- Balyan, R.S., Malik, R.K. and Panwar, R.S. and Singh, S. (1991). Competitive ability of winter wheat cultivars with wild oat (Avena Iudoviciana). Weed Sci., 39: 154-158.
- Bhan, V.M., Gupta, V.K. and Malik, R.K. (1985a). Effect of isoproturon at different stages of wheat and associated weeds. Abstract Annual Conference: Indian Society of Weed Science, Anand, Gujarat, 42 pp.
- Bhan, V.M., Yadav, S.K., Panwar, R.S. and Singh, S.P. (1985b). The influence of substituted urea herbicides alone and in combination with 2, 4-D on the control of weeds in wheat. Beitr. Trop. Landwirtsch Veterinaemed, 23: 177-181.
- Bhullar, M.S. and Walia, U.S. (2004). Effect of seed rare and row spacing on the efficacy of clodinafop for combating isoproturon resistant Phalaris minor Retz. in wheat. Plant protection Quarterly, 19: 143-146.
- Bisen, P.K., Singh, R.K. and Singh, R.P. (2006). Relative composition of weeds and wheat yield as influenced by different weed control and tillage practices. Indian J. Weed Sci., 38: 9-11.
- Blackshaw, R.E. and Molnar, L.J. (2009). Phosphorus fertilizer application method affects weed growth and competition with wheat. Weed sci., 57: 311-318.
- Blackshaw, R.E., Semach, G. and Janzes, H.H. (2002). Fertilizer application method affects nitrogen uptake in weeds and wheat. Weed Sci., 50: 634-631.
- Brar, A.S. and Walia, U.S. (2009). Weed dynamics and wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) productivity as influenced by planting techniques and weed control practices. Indian J. Weed Sci., 41: 161-166.
- Chahal, P.S., Brar, H.S. and Walia, U.S. (2003). Management of Phalaris minor in wheat through integrated approach. Indian J. Weed Sci., 35: 1-5.
- Chauhan, B.S., Yadav, A. and malik, R.K. (2001). Competitive wheat genotypes under zero tillage- an important tool to manage resistant Phalaris minor. Indian J. Weed Sci., 33: 75-76.
- Chhokar, R.S. and Malik, R.K. (1999). Effect of temperature on germination of Phalaris minor Retz. Indian J. Weed Sci., 31: 73-74.
- Chhokar, R.S., Sharma, R.K. and Verma, R.P.S. (2008). Pinoxaden for controlling grass weeds in wheat and barley. Indian J. Weed Sci., 40: 41-46.
- Davies, A., Renner, K., Sprague, K., Dyer, L. and Mutch, D. (2005). Integrated weed management. “One year’s seeding” Extension Bulletin E-2931, Michigan state University, East Lansing, Michigan, 103 pp.
- Dhawan, R.S., Chawla, S., Bhaskar, P., Punia, S.S. and Angiras, R. (2009). Effect of pinoxaden, an ACCase inhibitor on management of aryloxyphenoxy propionate resistant biotypes of Phalaris minor. In: Abstracts national conference on frontiers in plant physiology towards sustainable agriculture, Indian Society of Plant Physiology, AAU, Jorhat, 5-7 November 2009. pp.148.
- Dhiman, S.D., Mohan, D.S.R. and Sharma, H.C. (1985). Studies on cultural methods of weed control in wheat. Indian J. Agron., 30: 10-14.
- Jat, R.S., Nepalia, V. and Chaudhary, P. D. (2003). Influnce of herbicides and method of sowing on weed dynamics in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 35: 18-20.
- Kaur, M. (2009). Effect of planting pattern and straw management technique on herbicide persistence, productivity and quality of wheat (Triticum aestivum) and onion (Allium cepa). Ph.D. Thesis, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India.
- Kaur, S. and Bajwa, H.S. (2001). Competitive ability of Avena ludoviciana and Rumex spinosus vis-à-vis wheat in relation to nitrogen and plant spacing. Indian J. Ecology, 28: 181-183.
- Kenneth, K. J. and Hugh Beekie, J. (1998). Contribution of nitrogen fertilizer placement to weed management in spring wheat (Triticum aestivum). Weed Tech., 12 (3): 507-514.
- Kirkwood, R.C., Singh, S. and Marshall, G. (1997). Resistance of Phalaris minor to isoproturon: mechanism and management implications. In Proceedings of the 16th Asian Pacific Weed Science Society Conference on Integrated Weed Management towards Sustainable Agriculture. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Pp: 204-207
- Kumar, D., Angiras, N.N., Singh, Y. and Rana, S.S. (2005). Influence of integration weed management practices on weed competition for nutrients in wheat. Indian J. Agric. Res., 39: 110-115.
- Mahajan, G. and Brar, L. S. (2001). Integrated Management of Phalaris minor in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 33: 9-13
- Mahajan, G., Brar, L.S. and Sardana, V. (2004). Efficacy of clodinafop against isoproturon-resistant Phalaris minor in relation to wheat cultivars and spacing. Indian J. Weed Sci., 36: 166-170.
- Malik, R.K. and Singh, S. (1993). Evolving strategies for herbicide use in what: resistance and integrated weed management. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Integrated Weed Management for Sustainable Agriculture. Indian Society of Weed Science. Vol. I. Hisar, India. P: 225-238
- Malik, R.K. and Singh, S. (1995). Littleseed canary grass (Phalaris minor) resistance to isoproturon in India. Weed Tech., 9: 419-425.
- Malik, R.K. and Yadav, A. (1997). Potency of alternate herbicides against isoproturon-resistant littleseed canarygrass. Proc. 16th Asian Pacific Weed Science Society Conf. Integrated Weed Management Towards Sustainable Agriculture, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 8-12, Sept., pp: 208-210.
- Malik, R.K., Balyan, R.S. and Bhan, V.M. (1988). Effect of surfactants in the efficacy of some post-emergence grass herbicides. Haryana Agri. Univ. J. Res., 18: 276-283.
- Malik, R.S., Yadav, A. and Malik, R.K. (2008). Evaluation of different herbicides against broadleaf weeds in wheat and their residual effect on sorghum. Indian J. Weed Sci., 40: 37-40.
- Miralavi, S.V., Ghorbani, R., Kohansal, A. and Ram, P. (2010). Effect of different wheat density and sowing dates on weed biomass. In: proc. of third Iranian weed science congress, Babolsar, Iran, 17-18 February, 2010. Pp: 260-263.
- Mishra, A.K. and Tiwari, R.C. (1999). Effect of seeding methods and fertilizer application on weed biomass and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Agron., 44: 353-356.
- Mishra, J. S. and Gautam, K. C. (1995). Overcoming the weed menace in wheat. Indian Fmg., 33: 36-38.
- Naylor, R.E.L. (2002). Weed Management Handbook. Blackwell Scientific Publications Oxford, London. Pp.302-310.
- Pandey, I.B. and Dwivedi, D.K. (2007). Effect of planning pattern and weed control methods on weed growth and performance of wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Agron. 52: 235-238.
- Pandey, I.B. and Kumar, K. (2005). Response of wheat (Triticum aestivum) to seeding methods and weed management. Indian J. Agron., 50: 48-51.
- Pandey, I.B., Dwivedi, D.K. and Prakash, S.C. (2006). Impact of method and levels of fertilizer application and weed management on nutrient economy and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Agron., 51: 193-198.
- Pandey, I.B., Sharma, S.L., Tiwari, S. and Bharati, V. (2001). Nutrient uptake by wheat and associated weeds as influenced by tillage and weed management. Indian J. Weed Sci., 33: 107-111.
- Panwar, R.S., Malik, R.K. and Bhan, V.M. (1988). Effect of dicamba in combination with isoproturon and 2, 4-D in wheat. Indian J. Agron., 20: 41-45.
- Panwar, R.S., Malik, R.K., Balyan, R.S. and Singh, D.P. (1995). Effect of isoproturon, sowing method and seed rate on weed and yield of wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 65: 109-111.
- Patil, R.R. and Dhonde, M.B. (2009). Weed management in wheat. J. Maharashtra Agricultural Univ., 34: 149-151.
- Prasad, K., Lal, B. and Pandey, D.S. (1993). Effect of irrigation and nitrogen on the efficiency of weed management in wheat. Proc. Int. Symp. on Integrated Weed Management for Sustainable Agriculture Organised by Indian Society of Weed Science, Hisar, India, from 18-20 November 1993, pp: 71-74.
- Rahman, M.A., Chikushi, J., Saifizzaman, M. and Lauren, J.G. (2005). Rice straw mulching and nitrogen response of no-tillage wheat following rice in Bangladesh. Field Crops Research 91: 71-81.
- Ranjit, J.D. and Suwanketnikom, R. (2003). Response of weeds and wheat yield to tillage and weed management. Kasetsart Journal Natural Sciences, 37: 389-400.
- Rathi, A.S., Kumar, V., Singh, V.P. and Singh, D.K. (2008). Integrated weed management in irrigated wheat. Progressive Agriculture, 8: 74-75.
- Sharma, K.K., Verma, S.P. and Singh, C.M. (1985). Cultural and chemical manipulations for weed management in wheat with reference to grassy weeds. Trop. Pest Manage., 31: 133-138.
- Sharma, S.N. and Singh, R.K. (2011). Productivity and economics of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) as influenced by weed management and seed rate. Progressive Agriculture 11: 242-250.
- Singh, B. (1996). Efficacy of diclofopmethyl against Phalaris minor in relation to genotype and crop geometry in wheat. M. Sc. Thesis, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India.
- Singh, G. and Singh, O.P. (1996). Response of late sown wheat (Triticum aestivum) to seeding methods and weed control measures in flood prone areas. Indian J. Agron., 41: 237-242.
- Singh, G. and Singh, V.P. (2005a). Compatibility of clodinafop-propargyl and fenoxaprop-p-ethyl with carfentrazone- ethyl, metsulfuron-methyl and 2, 4-D. Indian J. Weed Sci., 37: 1-5.
- Singh, G., Singh, V.P. and Singh, M. (2002). Effect of doses and stages of application of sulfosulfuron on weeds and wheat weeds. Indian J. Weed Sci., 34: 172-74.
- Singh, J. and Singh, K.P. (2005b). Effect of organic manures and herbicides on yield and yield attributing characters of wheat. Indian J. Agron., 50: 289-291.
- Singh, K. and Kundra, H.C. (2003). Germination and emergence of isoproturon resistant biotypes of Phalaris minor Retz. at variable temperatures and seed placement depth. Indian J. Weed Sci., 35: 104-106.
- Singh, S. (1998). Studies on the mechanism of isopronuron resistance in Phalaris minor (littleseed canarygrass). Ph.D. Thesis Glasgow. Scotland, United Kingdom: University of Strathcylde. P. 251.
- Singh, S. (2007). Role of management practices on control of Isoproturon-Resistant Littleseed canarygrass (Phalaris minor) in India. Weed Tech., 21: 339-346.
- Singh, S. and Malik, R.K. (1993). Effect of time of application of isoproturon on the control of weeds in late sown wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 25: 66-69.
- Singh, S. and Malik, R.K. (1994a). Effect of application methods of chlorotoluron on the control of Phalaris minor in wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Agron., 39: 23-26.
- Singh, S. and Malik, R.K. (1994b). Effect of 2, 4-D and tribenuron on the control of broad-leaf weeds in wheat (Triticum aestivum). Indian J. Agron., 39: 410-414.
- Singh, S., Kirkwood, R.C. and Marshal, G. (1999). A review of the biology and controlof Phalaris minor Retz. (littleseed canarygrass) in cereals. Crop Prot., 18: 1-16.
- Singh, S., Singh, S., Singh, H., Malik, R.K. and Narwal, S. (2005a). Performance of tank mixture of chlorsulfuron and dinitroaniline herbicides for the control of weeds in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 37: 20-22.
- Singh, Samar, Singh, S., Sharma, S.D., Punia, S.S. and Singh, H. (2005b). Performance of tank mixture of metribuzin with clodinafop and fenoxaprop the control of mixed weed flora in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 37: 9-12.
- Travlos, I.S. (2012). Reduced herbicide rates for an effective weed control in competitive wheat cultivars. International J. Plant Prod., 6: 1-14.
- Valverde, B.E. (2003). Herbicide resistance management in developing countries. FAO Pl. Prodn. and Protn. Paper, 120: 223-244.
- Walia, U. S. (1983). The relative performance of substituted urea herbicides in relation to nitrogen, soil moisture and surfactant for controlling Phalaris minor Retz. in wheat. Ph.D. Thesis, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana,India.
- Walia, U.S., Brar, L.S. and Jand, S. (2003). Integrated effect of planting methods and herbicides on Phalaris minor in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 35: 169-172.
- Welsh, R.D. (1994). Propargyl-a post-emergence herbicide for selective control of wild oats and canarygrasses in wheat, triticale and durum. Proc. 47th New Zeland Plant Protection Conf. Waitangi. pp: 22-26.
- Yadav, A., Malik, R.K., Chauhan, B.S. and Gill, G. (2002). Present status of herbicide resistance in Haryana. Proc. Intrnational Workshop on Herbicide Resistance Management and Zero Tillage in Rice-Wheat Cropping System. CCS HAU, Hisar, March 4-6. Pp. 15-22.
- Yadav, D.B., Punia, S.S., Yadav, A. and Balyan, R.S. (2010). Evaluation of tank-mix combinations of different herbicides for control of Phalaris minor in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 42: 193-197.
- Yadav, D.B., Punia, S.S., Yadav, A. and Lal, R. (2009). Compatibility of sulfosulfuron with carfentrazone-ethyl for the control of complex weed flora in wheat. Indian J. Weed Sci., 41: 146-149.
- Yadav, D.P., Vaishya, R.D. and Singh, G. (2001). Response of late sown wheat to method of sowing, seed rate and weed management practices. Annals Agri. Res., 22: 429-431.
- Yaduraju, N.T. (1991). Effect of plant growth stage and environmental factors on the activity of isoproturon against small canary grass (Phalaris minor). Indian J. Agron., 36: 202-206.
- Yaduraju, N.T. and Ahuja, K.N. (1995). Response of herbicide resistant Phalaris minor to pre- and post-emergence herbicides, herbicide mixtures and adjuvants. Proc. Brighton Crop Protection Conf. Weeds, pp: 225-230.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.