IMPACT OF WATERSHED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME ON CROP PRODUCTIVITY-A REVIEW
Citation :- IMPACT OF WATERSHED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME ON CROP PRODUCTIVITY-A REVIEW.Agricultural Reviews.2000.(21):275-277
Watershed development programme has proved advantageous in rainfed areas for improving agricultural productivity. With the improvement of land as a result of soil and water conservation treatments and subsequently improvement in the moisture storage in soil profile, the productivity of land increased. Therefore, this paper reviews some of the important results of various studies conducted at different locations with reference to rainfed areas to assess the impact of watershed development programmes on crop yield.
- Ghosh, M.G. (1991). Indian J. Agric. Eco. 46: 299-300.
- Jahagirdar, O.v. (1991) Indian. J. Agric. £Co. 46:304.Neema, M.G. et al. , (1991).lndianJ..Agric. Eco. 46': 305-306.
- . Rajasekaran N. (1997). Eco. Pol. Weekfy, June, 28,1997, A55- A61.
- Ram Babu (1987).lndianJ. Soil Conserv. 15: 145-151.
- Singh, B.v. and Gupta ,D. (1996)./ndianJ. Agric. Eco. 46:304-305.
- Shah, V.D. and Patel, VG. (1996). Impact of National Watershed Development Project for Rainfed Area (NWDPRA) in
- GUjarat, Khaira, India, Research Study. Agro-Economic Research Centre. Sardar Patel University. No.102, 176 PP.
- Singh, Gurme! (1990). Int. Symp. CSWCRTI, Dehradun, from October 9 to 13,1990.
- Singh, KBtar (1991). Indian J. A!J1;ic. Eco. 46: 121-131.
- Singh, P.K. etal., (1995). J. RuralDev. 14: 107-116.