Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
STATUS OF NEONICOTINOID INSECTICIDE RESISTANCE IN RICE PLANTHOPPERS - A REVIEW
Nilaparvafa lugens Stal and whitebacked planthopper Sogatella furclfera (Horvath) in countries like
China, Taiwan, Japan and'J.orea has been reviewed t formulate strategies for its management in India. The information on small brown p1anthopper Laodelphax striatellus Fallen has also been
reviewed because of its similarity in physiology to BPH although it is not an important insect pest in
India. Two methods commonly used for monitoring resistance were rice plant root dipping and
topical application. Among biochemical mechanisms conferring resistance, target insensitivity as
well as oxidation and degradation by mixed-function oxidases (m.f.o.) appeared to be important.
The resistant strains of BPH had reduced biological fitness for developmental and reproductive
- Endo, S. et al. (2002). AppJ. Ent. Zool., 37(1): 79-84.
- Krishnaiah, N.V. etaI. (2002). Pestic. Res. J., 14(1): 1-7.
- Uu. Z.w. et aJ. (2003b). Pest Mgmt. Sci., 59: 1355-1359.
- Uu, ZW. et al. (2002b). Acta Entomol. Sinica., 45: 447-452.
- Uu, Z.w. et al. (2003a). Entomol. Knowledge, 40(5): 419-422.
- Uu, ZW. et al. (2002a). EntomoJ. Knowledge, 39(6): 424-427.
- Nagata, T. et al. (2002). J. Asia Pacific Ent., 5(1): 113-116.
- Padmakumari, AP. et aJ. (2002). Agric. Rev., 23(4): 262-271.
- Sarupa, M. et al. (1998). Indian J. PI. Prot., 26(1): 80-82.
- $one. S. etal. (1995). J. Pesticide Sci., 20: 541-543.
- $one, S. et aI. (1997). J. Pesticide Sci.. 22: 236-237.
- Xaofei Ping et al. (2001). Kyushu PI. Prot. Res.. 47: 54-57.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.