Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
EFFECT OF FERTIGATION ON AVAILABILITY OF NUTRIENTS (N, P & K) IN SOIL- A REVIEW
of produce. The availability of N, P and K nutrient was found to be higher in root zone area of
drip fertigated plot. Nitrogen and potassium moved laterally from point source up to 15 cm
and vertically up to 15-25 cm and P moved 5 cm both laterally and vertically and thereafter
dwindled. Fertigation frequency enables to reduce the concentration of immobile elements
such as P, K and trace elements in irrigation water. Fertigation of nutrients significantly increased
saving of fertilizer nutrients up to 40 per cent without affecting the yield of crops compared to
the conventional method of nutrient application.
- Alon, B. G. and Lynn D. M. (2003). Soil Sci. Soc. Ame. J. 67:1449-1456.
- Anant, B. et al., (2006). Veg. Sci., 33(1):26-28.
- Bangar, A. R. and Chaudhari, B. C. (2004). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 52(2):164-171.
- Banu Rekha, K. et al. (2005). J. Tropical Agric., 43(2):43-46.
- Bharambe, P. R. et al. (1997). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 45(4):705-709.
- Bharambe, P. R. et al. (2001). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 49(4):658-665.
- Debashis, C. et al. (1999). J. Water Manage., 7 (1&2):8-13.
- Haynes, R. J. (1990). Fert. Res., 23:105-112.
- Jeyakumar, R. et al. (2001). South Indian Hort., 10(1): 15 – 20.
- Laher, M. and Avnimelech, Y. (1980). Plant and Soil. 55:35-42.
- Ludwick, A. E. (1998). Regional newsletter published by Potash and Phosphorus Institute, Canada.
- Manish, K. et al. (2007). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 77 (5):302-304.
- Meenakshi, N. and Vadivel, K. (2005). Prog. Hort. 37 (1): 48 -55.
- Neelam, P. and Rajput, T. B. S. (2005). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 75 (1):725-730.
- Nina K. M and Joze, O. (2004). Acta Agriculturae Slorenica, 83(1):23-29.
- Vol. 29, No. 3, 2008 219 Papadopoulos, I. (1992). Fert. Res., 31:9-13.
- Patel, N and Rajput, T. B. S. (2005). IE (I), 85:50-54.
- Ravi, B. et al. (2007). Agric. Water Manage., 90(1-2):101-111.
- Silber, A. et al. (2003). Plant and soil, 253(2):467-477.
- Singandhupe, R. B. et al. (2007). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 77(1):8-13.
- Veeraputhiran, R. et al. (2002). J. Agri. Res. Manage., 1(2):88-97
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.