Assessment of genetic diversity and other genetic parameters in Indian mustard [Brassica Juncea (L.) Czern & Coss.]
Citation :- Assessment of genetic diversity and other genetic parameters in Indianmustard [Brassica Juncea (L.) Czern & Coss.] .Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2015.(49):554-557
Mahalanobis D2 statistics was used to assess genetic diversity in thirty brassica genotypes. Based on thirteen characters the genotypes were grouped into 7 clusters. Cluster I had largest number of genotypes (7) followed by cluster III, IV, VII, VI, V and II. Maximum intra cluster divergence was found in cluster III, cluster IV and maximum inter cluster distance was found in cluster V and cluster VI which indicates that efficient breeding programme can be formulated to improve yield potential by hybridization in this set of genotypes. Moderate magnitude of broad sense heritability coupled with genetic advance, phenotypic and genotypic coefficients in respect of number of branches, main shoot length, main shoot height, length of siliqua, number of seeds per siliqua and yield per plant indicates the scope for selection of superior genotypes due to preponderance of additive gene action.
- Allard RW (1960). Principals of plant breeding, John Wiley and sons, New York.
- Dewey, O.R. and Lu, K.H.1959. Correlation andpath coefficient analysis of component ofcreasted wheat grass seed production. J Agron 57: 515-518.
- Jonhson, H.W.,Robinson ,H.F.and Comstock,R.E.1955. Genotypic and phenotypic correlation in soyabean and their implication. J Agron 47:477-483
- Kumar S and Mishra M N (2006)- Genetic variation and association analysis in Indian Mustered (Brarsica Junea (L.) (Czern & Coss- and Brarsica Compestris L. Variety Toria. Crop Res. 31: 391-393
- Nair B and Charjan SU (2003)- Path analysis in Mustered (Brarsica Junea (L.)(Czern & Coss. J Soil & Crops 13: 168-169
- Patel, R Bhajan, R and Verma OP (2000) Seed yield determinants Indian Mustered (Brassica Juncea ( L.) Czern & Coss. Cruciferae Newsletter, 21: 153-154
- Prasad, L. Singh, M and Dixit R.K. (2001)- Analysis of heritability and genetic advance in Indian Mustered (Brarsica Junea (L.) (Czern & Coss. Advances in Plant Sci. 14: 577-581
- Rai S.K. Verma, A Pandey D (2005) – Genetic variability and character analysis in Indian Mustered (Brarsica Junea (L.) (Czern & Coss. Ann Agri. Bio Res 10: 29-34
- Swarnkar G.B., Singh M Prasad and lallu (2002) Analysis of heritability and genetic advance in relation to yields and its contributing traits in Indian Mustered [Brarsica Juncea (L.) Czern & Coss]. Plant Archivies 2: 305-308.